Sunday, December 2, 2007

12 Days of Cookies


I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last post but I'm back. I'm almost fully recovered from a post-Thanksgiving cold and the big interview is over. Now it's time to relax and return to my blog. The blog is falling into a bit of disrepair - the blog clog has gotten bigger, the recipe index is out of date, and it's almost time for a new look.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving but now that Thanksgiving is over, it's time to start thinking about Christmas. One of my favorite things about this time of year is holiday baking. As I was looking at the recipe index, I realized I dont have a single cookie recipe on this blog that's almost 10 months old! For some reason cookie recipes have never made it onto the blog; I think it's because we eat them too quickly. But to make up for the absence of cookie recipes and the recent lack of posts, I decided to do a special "12 Days of Cookies" where I will post a new cookie recipe, holiday or just an everyday favorite, everyday for the next 12 days. I was hoping to start yesterday, Dec 1st, but weekends always go by so quickly and before you know it the day is already over so I will be starting today, December 2nd. The reason why I started this in early December is so everyone can have enough time to bake these and ship these to friends and family in time for Christmas. Here's hoping I can keep up with the cookie baking and the pantry doesn't face a butter shortage.

Note: I thought I came up with a new and unique idea (and not to mention title) here but it turns out Food Network is way ahead of me. But hey, more cookie recipes is never a bad thing. Happy baking everyone!

Day 1: White Chocolate Cashew Macadamia Butter Cookies
Day 2: Shortbread Bars with Mango Jam
Day 3: Pumpkin Butter Thumbprints
Day 4: Butterscotch Cookies with Hazelnuts
Day 5: Best Oatmeal Cookies Ever with Chocolate Chunks, Pecans, and Dried Cherries
Day 6: Torta Sbrisolona
Day 7: Alfajores
Day 8: Orange Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Day 9: Brown Sugar Cookie
Day 10: Flaky Black Sesame Cookie
Day 11: Gingerbread
Day 12: Butterfinger Chocolate Chip Cookies

6 comments:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Welcome back Amy! I was getting worried about not seeing anything new from you in a while. So? Any more details about that big interview? :)

tigerfish said...

Can start sing that song now....
on the 1st day of cookies, my true love gave to me....:)

Kalyn Denny said...

I'm hoping you're planning to link all the cookie recipes to this post. (I'm writing about Christmas gifts at Blogher and I'd like to include your 12 days of cookies.)

Amy said...

WC,
Thank you! <3 No news yet but I'll be sure to let you know!

Tigerfish,
Haha that is one of my favorite xmas songs! :D

Kalyn,
That is a fabulous idea, I'll be sure to update this post with all the links to the cookies. Thanks for including me. :)!

eatme_delicious said...

I'm excited to see all the cookies you post! I subscribe to Food Network's 12 days of cookie thing, but the more cookies the better! :)

Deborah said...

What a great idea!! I would love to do something similar, but this month is just too crazy... Oh well, maybe next year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin