Sunday, July 29, 2007

Farfalle with Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, and Artichoke Hearts

Smoked Salmon Pasta

Smoked salmon and cream cheese is always a delicious combination. I knew it would be great on pasta but Steven needed a little convincing. He was a bit skeptical about putting cream cheese with pasta. Turns out, smoked salmon and cream cheese isn't just for bagels, it's great on farfalle too!

Farfalle with Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, and Artichoke Hearts
Inspiration from Everyday Food

8 oz. farfalle
3 oz. smoked salmon, roughly chopped
About 2 oz. cream cheese (3 - 4 Tbsp) cream cheese, roughly cubed
4 artichoke hearts, chopped into bite size pieces
Handful of bite size broccoli pieces (optional)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp fresh dill (optional - I didn't use this today)
Salt and pepper

Cook your pasta in some boiling salted water until it is al dente.

While the pasta is cooking, cook your broccoli, steam, microwave, or sauteed.

After the pasta is finish cooking, add the cream cheese to the hot pasta. Toss a bit to melt the cream cheese a bit. Then add the smoked salmon, artichoke hearts, broccoli if using, and lemon juice and toss to incorporate all the ingredients. Gently break up any large pieces of salmon.

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serves 2 - 3

Smoked Salmon Pasta

This will be my entry for Ruth's Presto Pasta Night. Never such a thing as too much pasta!

Short post today, but stay tuned for a longer post tomorrow of a "Daring" nature.

9 comments:

Peabody said...

Oh yum. Three things I love all rolled into one!

Anonymous said...

All the things I love are in this dish. Super ! :) Except I can't get any cream cheese here. :(

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Honestly, I would love this for breakfast! Especially if someone made it for me and served it on a beautiful try... in bed ... with coffee! Oh well, maybe I'll have to make it myself...

Anonymous said...

I think it is such a wholesome dish!
Does cream cheese make it "cabonara" too? :p

Patricia Scarpin said...

What a great pasta dish, Amy!
I love using farfalle. :)

Amy said...

Peabody,
Definitely three of my favorite things too!

Pamela,
Oh no bummer about the cream cheese! I'm wondering if you can get any cream cheese substitutes though I can't think of any right now. :(

Lydia,
Pasta for breakfast! Now there's an idea. I eat pizza for breakfast sometimes so that sounds right up my alley.

Tigerfish,
Carbonara is more of a bacony, eggy, cheesy pasta. This one is lighter, especially if you use light cream cheese.

Patricia,
They are rather pretty! Though I love campanelle the most.

Ruth Daniels said...

It certainly does look delicious. My mouth is watering big time! Thanks so much for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Anonymous said...

I saw you on Ruth's roundup - yours stuck out as one of the most unique! Looks delicious, I would have never thought of adding salmon and cream cheese together to pasta!

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. Certainly a must try for one of my dinners next week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin